30 CFR 57.3461 - Rock bursts.
(a) Operators of mines which have experienced a rock burst shall -
(1) Within twenty four hours report to the nearest MSHA office each rock burst which:
(i) Causes persons to be withdrawn;
(ii) Impairs ventilation;
(iii) Impedes passage; or
(iv) Disrupts mining activity for more than one hour.
(2) Develop and implement a rock burst control plan within 90 days after a rock burst has been experienced.
(b) The plan shall include -
(1) Mining and operating procedures designed to reduce the occurrence of rock bursts;
(2) Monitoring procedures where detection methods are used; and
(3) Other measures to minimize exposure of persons to areas which are prone to rock bursts.
(c) The plan shall be updated as conditions warrant.
(d) The plan shall be available to an authorized representative of the Secretary and to miners or their representatives.
Title 30 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 30 CFR Part 57 after this date.