30 CFR 725.18 - Grant reduction and termination.
(a)Conditions for reduction or termination.
(i) Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (78 Stat. 252), Nondiscrimination in Federally Assisted Programs, which provides that no person in the United States shall on the grounds of race, color or national origin be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance, and the implementing regulations at 43 CFR 17.
(ii) Executive Order 11246, as amended by Executive Order 11375, Equal Employment Opportunity, requiring that employees or applicants for employment not be discriminated against because of race, creed, color, sex or national orgin, and the implementing regulations at 41 CFR 60.
(b)Grant reduction and termination procedures.
(1) The Director or his authorized designee shall give at least 10 days written notice to the agency by certified mail, return receipt requested, of intent to reduce or terminate a grant. The Director or his authorized designee shall include in the notice the reasons for the proposed action and the proposed effective date of the action.
(4) Upon termination the agency shall refund or credit to the United States that portion of the grant money paid or owed to the agency and allocated to the terminated portion of the grant. However any portion of the grant that is required to meet commitments made prior to the effective date of termination shall be retained by the agency.
(5) Upon termination, the agency shall reduce the amount of outstanding commitments insofar as possible and report to the Director or his authorized designee the uncommitted balance of funds awarded under the grant.
(7) The Director or his authorized designee may allow termination costs as determined by applicable Federal cost principles listed in Federal management Circular 74-4.
(2) An Agency shall include in an appeal:
(i) The decision being appealed, and
(ii) The facts which the Agency believes justify a reversal or modification of the decision.