30 CFR 750.6 - Responsibilities.
(2) After consultation with the Bureau of Indian Affairs and, as applicable, with the Bureau of Land Management, conditionally approve, approve, or disapprove applications for permits, permit renewals, or permit revisions for surface coal mining operations on Indian lands, and applications for the transfer, sale or assignment of such permit rights on Indian lands;
(4) Consult with the BIA and the affected tribe with respect to special requirements relating to the protection of non-coal resources of the area affected by surface coal mining and reclamation operations, and assure operator compliance with such special requirements;
(5) Consult with the Bureau of Land Management concerning requirements relating to the development, production and recovery of mineral resources on Indian lands;
(7) Ensure compliance with the requirements of the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969, 42 U.S.C. 4321et seq., with respect to permitting actions for surface coal mining and reclamation operations on Indian lands.
(b) The Bureau of Land Management is responsible for: (1) Receiving, reviewing, and conditionally approving, approving or disapproving coal exploration plans and mining plans, as provided in 25 CFR Chapter I or in specific Indian mineral agreements;
(3) Administering mining contract, lease or mineral agreement terms and conditions, as provided for in 25 CFR Chapter I or in specific Indian mineral agreements; and
(4) Administering and conducting inspections and enforcement of terms and conditions of contracts, leases or mineral agreements for coal mining operations, including production verification and inspection of operations for that purpose.
(c) The Minerals Management Service is responsible for collecting and accounting for royalties and other income from Indian mineral agreements except for annual rentals.
(d) The Bureau of Indian Affairs is responsible for: (1) Consulting directly with and providing representation for Indian mineral owners and other Indian land owners in matters relating to surface coal mining and reclamation operations on Indian lands;
(2) After consultation with the affected tribe, reviewing and making recommendations to OSM concerning permit applications, renewals, revisions or transfers of permits, permit rights or performance bonds; and
(3) After consultation with the affected tribe, reviewing mining plans and making recommendations to the Bureau of Land Management pursuant to 25 CFR 216.7.
Title 30 published on 20-Dec-2017 04:15
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 30 CFR Part 750 after this date.