30 CFR 784.29 - What information must I include in the surface-water runoff control plan?
(1) An explanation of how you will handle surface-water runoff in a manner that will prevent peak discharges from the proposed permit area, both during and after mining and reclamation, from exceeding the premining peak discharge from the same area for the same-size precipitation event. You must use the appropriate regional Natural Resources Conservation Service synthetic storm distribution or another scientifically defensible method approved by the regulatory authority that takes into account the time of concentration to estimate peak discharges.
(b) A surface-water runoff monitoring and inspection program that will provide sufficient precipitation and stormwater discharge data for the proposed permit area to evaluate the effectiveness of the surface-water runoff control practices under paragraph (a) of this section. The surface-water runoff monitoring and inspection program must specify criteria for monitoring, inspection, and reporting consistent with § 817.34(d) of this chapter. The program must contain a monitoring-point density that adequately represents the drainage pattern across the entire proposed permit area, with a minimum of one monitoring point per watershed discharge point.
(c) Descriptions maps, and cross-sections of runoff-control structures. A runoff-control structure is any man-made structure designed to control or convey storm water runoff on or across a minesite. This term encompasses the entire surface water control system and includes diversion ditches, drainage benches or terraces, drop structures or check dams, all types of conveyance channels, downdrains, and sedimentation and detention ponds and associated outlets. It does not include swales or reconstructed perennial, intermittent, or ephemeral stream channels.
Title 30 published on 2015-10-21
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 30 CFR Part 784 after this date.
- 30 CFR 784.23 — What Information Must I Include in Plans for the Monitoring of Groundwater, Surface Water, and the Biological Condition of Streams During and After Mining?
- 30 CFR 817.102 — How Must I Backfill Surface Excavations and Grade and Configure the Land Surface?
- 30 CFR 784.22 — What Information Must I Include in the Hydrologic Reclamation Plan and What Information Must I Provide on Alternative Water Sources?
- 30 CFR 817.34 — How Must I Protect the Hydrologic Balance?