30 CFR 817.107 - What special provisions for backfilling, grading, and surface configuration apply to operations on steep slopes?
(b) You may not place the following materials on the downslope:
(2) Waste materials of any type.
(3) Debris, including debris from clearing and grubbing, except for woody materials used to enhance fish and wildlife habitat.
(4) Abandoned or disabled equipment.
(c) You may not disturb land above the highwall unless the regulatory authority finds that disturbance will facilitate compliance with the environmental protection standards of this subchapter and the disturbance is limited to that necessary to facilitate compliance.
(d) You must handle woody materials in accordance with § 817.22(f) of this part.
- 30 CFR 817.106 — What Special Provisions for Backfilling, Grading, and Surface Configuration Apply to Previously Mined Areas With a Preexisting Highwall?
- 30 CFR 785.16 — What Special Provisions Apply to Proposed Variances From Approximate Original Contour Restoration Requirements for Steep-Slope Mining?
- 30 CFR 785.15 — Steep Slope Mining.
- 30 CFR 784.12 — What Must the Reclamation Plan Include?