30 CFR § 870.16 - Acceptable payment methods.
(a) If you owe total quarterly reclamation fees of $25,000 or more for one or more mines, you must:
(1) Use an electronic fund transfer mechanism approved by the U.S. Department of the Treasury;
(2) Forward payments by electronic transfer;
(3) Include the applicable Master Entity No.(s) (Part 1–Block 4 on the OSM–1 Form), and OSM Document No.(s) (Part 1–upper right corner of the OSM–1 Form) on the wire message; and
(4) Use our approved form or approved electronic form to report coal tonnage sold, used, or for which ownership was transferred to the address indicated in the Instructions for Completing the OSM–1 Form.
(b) If you owe less than $25,000 in quarterly reclamation fees for one or more mines, you may:
(1) Forward payments by electronic transfer in accordance with the procedures specified in paragraph (a) of this section; or
(2) Submit a check or money order payable to the Office of Surface Mining Reclamation and Enforcement in the same envelope with the OSM–1 Form to: Office of Surface Mining Reclamation and Enforcement, P.O. Box 360095M, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15251.
(c) If you pay more than $25,000 by a method other than an electronic fund transfer mechanism approved by the U.S. Department of the Treasury, you will be in violation of the Surface Mining Control and Reclamation Act of 1977, as amended.