31 CFR 1.3 - Publication in the Federal Register.
(a)Requirement. Subject to the application of the exemptions and exclusions in 5 U.S.C. 552(b) and (c) and subject to the limitations provided in 5 U.S.C. 552(a)(1), each Treasury bureau shall, in conformance with 5 U.S.C. 552(a)(1), separately state, publish and maintain current in the Federal Register for the guidance of the public the following information with respect to that bureau:
(1) Descriptions of its central and field organization and the established places at which, the persons from whom, and the methods whereby, the public may obtain information, make submittals or requests, or obtain decisions;
(2) Statements of the general course and method by which its functions are channeled and determined, including the nature and requirements of all formal and informal procedures available;
(3) Rules of procedure, descriptions of forms available or the places at which forms may be obtained, and instructions as to the scope and contents of all papers, reports, or examinations;
(4) Substantive rules of general applicability adopted as authorized by law, and statements of general policy or interpretations of general applicability formulated and adopted by the bureau; and
(5) Each amendment, revision, or repeal of matters referred to in paragraphs (a)(1) through (4) of this section.
(b)The United States Government Manual. The functions of each bureau are summarized in the description of the Department and its bureaus in the United States Government Manual, which is issued annually by the Office of the Federal Register.