31 CFR § 357.24 - Availability and disclosure of Legacy Treasury Direct ® records.
(a)General. All records with respect to a Legacy Treasury Direct account are held confidential. Consistent with the Privacy Act (5 U.S.C. 552a), information relating to those accounts will be released only to the owner except:
(1) As provided in these regulations;
(2) As provided in Treasury regulations contained in 31 CFR part 323; or
(3) As otherwise provided by law.
(b)Inquiries by owners. Information requested will be disclosed to an owner provided that:
(1) Sufficient information is provided to identify the owner; and
(2) Sufficient information is provided to identify the Legacy Treasury Direct account.
(c)Conditions for release. A request for information will be honored only if, in the sole judgment of the Department or the Federal Reserve Bank to which the inquiry is made, the identity and right of the requester to the information have been established.