31 CFR 361.5 - Record of shipment.
(a) A record of each shipment shall be maintained by the consignor. The record shall include:
(1) The name and address of the consignee designated to receive the shipment;
(2) A complete description of the contents of the shipment (if the shipment is made up of securities, the record shall be maintained by issue, series, denomination and serial number, and a description of any coupons attached to such securities at the time of shipment);
(4) The registry number or the lock and rotary numbers, if any, under which shipped;
(5) The number of the registry receipt, or other receipt of the carrier;
(6) The date and hour of delivery to the carrier;
(7) A record of the signatures of the consignor's employees who verified the contents of the package and witnessed its sealing;
(8) A record of the signature(s) of the consignor's employee(s) who thereafter had custody of the package until it was delivered at the post office for registration or deposited with the post office or other carrier for shipment; and
(9) The name of the carrier.
(b) The consignor shall also preserve, until assured that shipment has been completed and no claims action will be initiated, all registry receipts or other carriers' receipts, and other documents incidental to the shipments.