31 CFR 50.54 - Handling of data.
(a)General. All nonpublic information submitted to the Secretary under subparts F and G of this part shall be considered proprietary information and shall:
(1) Be handled and stored by Treasury in an appropriately secure manner;
(2) Be considered, where appropriate, to be trade secrets or commercial or financial information obtained from a person and privileged or confidential; and
(3) Not be publicly released in any unaggregated form in which a consumer, policyholder, or insurer is identifiable.
(b)Use of insurance statistical aggregator. To the extent Treasury utilizes an insurance statistical aggregator in connection with any data collection under subparts F and G, such insurance statistical aggregator shall keep any nonpublic information that it collects confidential, consistent with the requirements of this section.
(1) The submission of any non-publicly available data and information to the Secretary under subparts F and G of this part, and the sharing of any non-publicly available data with or by the Secretary among other Federal agencies, the state insurance regulatory authorities, or any other entities shall not constitute a waiver of, or otherwise affect, any privilege or immunity arising under Federal or state law (including the rules of any Federal or state court) to which the data or information is otherwise subject.
(2) Any requirement under Federal or state law to the extent otherwise applicable, or any requirement pursuant to a written agreement in effect between the original source of any non-publicly available data or information and the source of such data or information to the Secretary, regarding privacy or confidentiality of any data or information in the possession of the source to the Secretary, shall continue to apply to such data or information after the data or information has been provided pursuant to this Subpart.
(3) Any data or information obtained by the Secretary under subparts F or G of this part may be made available to state insurance regulatory authorities, individually or collectively through an information-sharing agreement that:
(i) Shall comply with applicable Federal law; and
(ii) Shall not constitute a waiver of, or otherwise affect, any privilege or immunity under Federal or state law (including any privilege referred to in paragraph (b)(1) of this section and the rules of any Federal or State court) to which the data or information is otherwise subject.
Title 31 published on 18-Mar-2017 03:27
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 31 CFR Part 50 after this date.