31 CFR 539.504 - Departments and agencies of the United States Government.
(1) Procurement contracts necessary to meet U.S. operational military requirements or requirements under defense production agreements; intelligence requirements; sole source suppliers, spare parts, components, routine servicing and maintenance of products for the United States Government; and medical and humanitarian items; and
(2) Performance pursuant to contracts in force as of 12:01 a.m. EDT, July 29, 1998, under appropriate circumstances.
(b) Such written authorization shall:
(1) Include details about the goods, technology, and services which have been approved for importation; the rationale for such approval; and 24-hour-a-day contact information for the approving official or designee for use by the U.S. Customs Service should questions arise about an approved import;
(2) Be in the form of license, regulation, order, directive, or exception;
(3) Include information about the results of prior written consultation with the Under Secretary of State for Arms Control and International Security Affairs (through the Office of Chemical, Biological and Missile Nonproliferation and the Office of the Assistant Legal Adviser for Political-Military Affairs); and
(4) Be provided to U.S. Customs Service officials upon the importation of any goods or technology covered by an authorization described in paragraph (a) of this section in a form which clearly establishes that the imported goods or technology is covered by the authorization.
Title 31 published on 13-Sep-2017 03:59
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 31 CFR Part 539 after this date.