31 CFR 547.201 - Prohibited transactions involving blocked property.
(a) Except as authorized by regulations, orders, directives, rulings, instructions, licenses, or otherwise, and notwithstanding any contracts entered into or any license or permit granted prior to the effective date, all property and interests in property that are in the United States, that hereafter come within the United States, or that are or hereafter come within the possession or control of U.S. persons, including their overseas branches, of the following persons are blocked and may not be transferred, paid, exported, withdrawn, or otherwise dealt in:
(2) Any person determined by the Secretary of the Treasury, after consultation with the Secretary of State:
(i) To be a political or military leader of a foreign armed group operating in the Democratic Republic of the Congo that impedes the disarmament, repatriation, or resettlement of combatants;
(ii) To be a political or military leader of a Congolese armed group that impedes the disarmament, demobilization, or reintegration of combatants;
(iii) To be a political or military leader recruiting or using children in armed conflict in the Democratic Republic of the Congo in violation of applicable international law;
(iv) To have committed serious violations of international law involving the targeting of children in situations of armed conflict in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, including killing and maiming, sexual violence, abduction, and forced displacement;
(v) To have directly or indirectly supplied, sold, or transferred to the Democratic Republic of the Congo, or been the recipient in the territory of the Democratic Republic of the Congo of, arms and related materiel, including military aircraft and equipment, or advice, training, or assistance, including financing and financial assistance, related to military activities;
(vi) To have materially assisted, sponsored, or provided financial, material, or technological support for, or goods or services in support of, the activities described in paragraphs (a)(2)(i) through (a)(2)(v) of this section or any person whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to this paragraph (a); or
(vii) To be owned or controlled by, or acting or purporting to act for or on behalf of, directly or indirectly, any person whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to this paragraph (a).
The names of persons listed in or designated pursuant to Executive Order 13413, whose property and interests in property therefore are blocked pursuant to paragraph (a) of this section, are published in the Federal Register and incorporated into the Office of Foreign Assets Control's Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons List (“SDN List”) with the identifier “[DRCONGO].” The SDN List is accessible through the following page on the Office of Foreign Assets Control's Web site: http://www.treasury.gov/sdn. Additional information pertaining to the SDN List can be found in appendix A to this chapter. See § 547.411 concerning entities that may not be listed on the SDN List but whose property and interests in property are nevertheless blocked pursuant to paragraph (a) of this section.
The International Emergency Economic Powers Act ( 50 U.S.C. 1701- 1706), in Section 203 ( 50 U.S.C. 1702), authorizes the blocking of property and interests in property of a person during the pendency of an investigation. The names of persons whose property and interests in property are blocked pending investigation pursuant to paragraph (a) of this section also are published in the Federal Register and incorporated into the SDN List with the identifier “[BPI-DRCONGO].”
Sections 501.806 and 501.807 of this chapter describe the procedures to be followed by persons seeking, respectively, the unblocking of funds that they believe were blocked due to mistaken identity, or administrative reconsideration of their status as persons whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to paragraph (a) of this section.
(b) The prohibitions in paragraph (a) of this section include, but are not limited to, prohibitions on the following transactions when engaged in by a United States person or within the United States:
(1) The making of any contribution or provision of funds, goods, or services by, to, or for the benefit of any person whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to paragraph (a) of this section; and
(c) Unless otherwise authorized by this part or by a specific license expressly referring to this section, any dealing in any security (or evidence thereof) held within the possession or control of a U.S. person and either registered or inscribed in the name of, or known to be held for the benefit of, or issued by, any person whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to paragraph (a) of this section is prohibited. This prohibition includes but is not limited to the transfer (including the transfer on the books of any issuer or agent thereof), disposition, transportation, importation, exportation, or withdrawal of, or the endorsement or guaranty of signatures on, any such security on or after the effective date. This prohibition applies irrespective of the fact that at any time (whether prior to, on, or subsequent to the effective date) the registered or inscribed owner of any such security may have or might appear to have assigned, transferred, or otherwise disposed of the security.
Title 31 published on 2015-09-23
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 31 CFR Part 547 after this date.
- 31 CFR 547.508 — Authorization of Emergency Medical Services.
- 31 CFR 547.303 — Effective Date.
- 31 CFR 547.504 — Payments and Transfers to Blocked Accounts in U.S. Financial Institutions.
- 31 CFR 547.409 — Credit Extended and Cards Issued by U.S. Financial Institutions.
- 31 CFR 547.507 — Provision of Certain Legal Services Authorized.
- 31 CFR 547.201 — Prohibited Transactions Involving Blocked Property.
- 31 CFR 547.403 — Termination and Acquisition of an Interest in Blocked Property.
- 31 CFR 547.202 — Effect of Transfers Violating the Provisions of This Part.
- 31 CFR 547.203 — Holding of Funds in Interest-Bearing Accounts; Investment and Reinvestment.
- 31 CFR 547.405 — Provision of Services.
- 31 CFR 547.404 — Transactions Ordinarily Incident to a Licensed Transaction.
- 31 CFR 547.408 — Charitable Contributions.
- 31 CFR 547.204 — Expenses of Maintaining Blocked Physical Property; Liquidation of Blocked Property.
- 31 CFR 547.407 — Payments From Blocked Accounts to Satisfy Obligations Prohibited.
- 31 CFR 547.302 — Blocked Account; Blocked Property.
- 31 CFR 547.411 — Entities Owned by a Person Whose Property and Interests in Property Are Blocked.
- 31 CFR 547.506 — Investment and Reinvestment of Certain Funds.
- 31 CFR 547.410 — Setoffs Prohibited.
- 31 CFR 547.406 — Offshore Transactions.
- 31 CFR 547.313 — Financial, Material, or Technological Support.