31 CFR 570.506 - Provision of certain legal services authorized.
(a) The provision of the following legal services to or on behalf of the Government of Libya or any other persons whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to § 570.201 is authorized, provided that all receipts of payment of professional fees and reimbursement of incurred expenses must be specifically licensed:
(1) Provision of legal advice and counseling on the requirements of and compliance with the laws of the United States or any jurisdiction within the United States, provided that such advice and counseling are not provided to facilitate transactions in violation of this part;
(2) Representation of the Government of Libya or persons named as defendants in or otherwise made parties to domestic U.S. legal, arbitration, or administrative proceedings;
(3) Initiation and conduct of legal, arbitration, or administrative proceedings before any U.S. Federal, state, or local court or agency;
(4) Representation of the Government of Libya or persons before any U.S. Federal, state, or local court or agency with respect to the imposition, administration, or enforcement of U.S. sanctions against the Government of Libya or such persons; and
(5) Provision of legal services in any other context in which prevailing U.S. law requires access to legal counsel at public expense.
(b) The provision of any other legal services to the Government of Libya or any other persons whose property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to § 570.201, not otherwise authorized by this section, requires the issuance of a specific license.
(c) Entry into a settlement agreement or the enforcement of any lien, judgment, arbitral award, decree, or other order through execution, garnishment, or other judicial process purporting to transfer or otherwise alter or affect property or interests in property blocked pursuant to § 570.201 is prohibited unless licensed pursuant to this part.
Note to § 570.506:
Effective July 1, 2011, this section replaces and supersedes General License No. 3, dated March 9, 2011, which was issued pursuant to Executive Order 13566, and posted on OFAC's Web site, to authorize provision of certain legal services.
Title 31 published on 2014-07-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 31 CFR Part 570.