32 CFR § 212.2 - Applicability.
(a) This part applies to:
(1) The Office of the Secretary of Defense, the Military Departments, the Office of the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Joint Staff, the Combatant Commands, the Office of Inspector General of the Department of Defense, the Defense Agencies, the DoD Field Activities, and all other organizational entities within the Department of Defense (hereafter referred to collectively as the “DoD Components”).
(2) Non-Federal entities authorized to operate on DoD installations.
(b) This part shall not apply to:
(1) Military relief societies.
(2) Banks or credit unions according to 32 CFR part 230.
(3) Support provided under Innovative Readiness Training according to DoD Directive 1100.20. 1
1 Copies of unclassified DoD Directives, Instructions, Publications, and Administrative Instructions may be obtained at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/.