33 CFR § 117.793 - Hutchinson River (Eastchester Creek).
(a) The following requirements apply to all bridges across Hutchinson River (Eastchester Creek):
(1) The owners of each bridge shall provide and keep in good legible condition clearance gauges for each draw with figures not less than 12 inches high designed, installed and maintained according to the provision of § 118.160 of this chapter.
(2) Trains and locomotives shall be controlled so that any delay in opening the draw shall not exceed ten minutes except as provided in § 117.31(b). However, if a train moving toward the bridge has crossed the home signal for the bridge before the signal requesting opening of the bridge is given, the train may continue across the bridge and must clear the bridge interlocks before stopping.
(3) Except as provided in paragraphs (b) and (c) of this section each draw shall open on signal.
(b) The draw of the Hutchinson River Parkway Bridge, mile 0.9, at the Bronx, New York shall open on signal if at least a two-hour notice is given to the New York City Department of Transportation (NYCDOT) Radio Hotline, or the NYCDOT Bridge Operations Office.
(c) The draw of the South Fulton Avenue Bridge, mile 2.9, shall open on signal from three hours before to three hours after the predicted high tide. For the purposes of this section, predicted high tide occurs four hours after predicted high water for New York (Battery), as given in the tide tables published by private entities using data provided by the National Ocean Service.
(1) At all other times, the bridge shall open on signal if at least four hours advance notice is given to the Westchester County Road Maintenance Division during normal work hours or to the County's Parkway Police at all other times.
(2) The bridge tender shall honor requests for opening within six hours after predicated high water if such request is given to the bridge tender while he or she is on station (three hours before to three hours after predicted high tide).