33 CFR 137.35 - Inquiries by an environmental professional.
(b) The inquiry of the environmental professional must include the requirements in §§ 137.45 (interviews with past and present owners), 137.50 (reviews of historical sources), 137.60 (reviews of government records), 137.65 (visual inspections), 137.80 (commonly known or reasonably ascertainable information) and 137.85 (degree of obviousness of the presence or likely presence of oil). In addition, the inquiry should take into account information provided to the environmental professional by the person specified in § 137.1(a) conducting the additional inquiries under § 137.40.
(c) The results of the inquiry by an environmental professional must be documented in a written report that, at a minimum, includes the following:
(2) An identification of data gaps in the information developed as part of the inquiry that affect the ability of the environmental professional to identify conditions indicative of the presence or likely presence of oil at the facility and the real property on which the facility is located. The report must also indicate whether the gaps prevented the environmental professional from reaching an opinion regarding the identification of conditions indicative of the presence or likely presence of oil.
(3) The qualifications of the environmental professional.
(4) An opinion regarding whether additional appropriate investigation is necessary.
(d) The environmental professional must place the following statements in the written document identified in paragraph (c) of this section and sign the document: “[I, We] declare that, to the best of [my, our] professional knowledge, [I, we] meet the requirements under 33 CFR 137.25 for an environmental professional.” and “[I, We] have the specific qualifications based on education, training, and experience to assess the nature, history, and setting of a facility and the real property on which it is located. [I, We] have developed and conducted all appropriate inquiries according to the standards and practices in 33 CFR part 137.”
- 33 CFR 137.40 — Additional Inquiries.
- 33 CFR 137.85 — The Degree of Obviousness of the Presence or Likely Presence of Oil at the Facility and the Real Property on Which the Facility Is Located and the Ability to Detect the Oil by Appropriate Investigation.
- 33 CFR 137.25 — Qualifications of the Environmental Professional.
- 33 CFR 137.33 — General All Appropriate Inquiries Requirements.