33 CFR § 140.35 - Sanctions.
(a) Any person who fails to comply with:
(1) Any provision of the Act;
(2) Any regulation in this subchapter; or
(3) Any order issued under the Act or the regulations in this subchapter by the Commandant, a District Commander, or an Officer in Charge, Marine Inspection, after notice of the failure and after expiration of any reasonable period allowed for corrective action, shall be liable for a civil penalty for each day of the continuance of the failure.
(b) Any person who knowingly and willfully:
(1) Violates any provision of the Act;
(2) Violates any regulation in this subchapter designed to protect health, safety, or the environment;
(3) Violates any order of the Commandant, District Commander, or Officer in Charge, Marine Inspection, issued under the Act or the regulations in this subchapter that is designed to protect health, safety, or the environment;
(4) Makes any false statement, representation, or certification in any application, record, report, or other document filed or required to be maintained under the Act or the regulations in this subchapter;
(5) Falsifies, tampers with, or renders inaccurate any monitoring device or method of record required to be maintained under this Act or the regulations in this subchapter; or
(6) Reveals any data or information required to be kept confidential by the Act shall, upon conviction, be punished by a fine of not more than $100,000, or by imprisonment for not more than ten years, or both. Each day that a violation under paragraph (b)(1), (b)(2), or (b)(3) of this section continues, or each day that any monitoring device or data recorder remains inoperative or inaccurate because of any activity described in paragraph (b)(5) of this section, constitutes a separate violation.
(c) Whenever a corporation or other entity is subject to prosecution under paragraph (b) of this section, any officer or agent of the corporation or entity who knowingly and willfully authorized, ordered, or carried out the prescribed activity shall be subject to the same fines or imprisonment, or both, as provided for under paragraph (b) of this section.
(d) The penalties prescribed in this section are concurrent and cumulative and the exercise of one does not preclude the exercise of the others. Further, the penalties prescribed in this section are in addition to any other penalties afforded by any other law or regulation.