33 CFR 155.1130 - Requirements for prepositioned response equipment.
The owner or operator of a tanker subject to this subpart shall provide the following prepositioned response equipment, located within Prince William Sound, in addition to that required by § 155.1035:
(a) On-water recovery equipment with a minimum effective daily recovery capacity of 30,000 barrels, capable of being on scene within 6 hours of notification of a discharge.
(b) On-water storage capacity of 100,000 barrels, capable of being on scene within 6 hours of notification of a discharge.
(c) Additional on-water recovery equipment with a minimum effective daily recovery capacity of 40,000 barrels capable of being on scene within 18 hours of notification of a discharge.
(d) On-water storage capacity of 300,000 barrels for recovered oily material, capable of being on scene within 24 hours of notification of a discharge.
(e) On-water oil recovery devices and storage equipment located in communities and at strategic locations.
(f) For sufficient protection of the environment in the locations identified in § 155.1125(a)(1)(ii) -
(1) Boom appropriate for the specific locations;
(2) Sufficient boats to deploy boom and sorbents;
(3) Sorbents including booms, sweeps, pads, blankets, drums and plastic bags;
(4) Personnel protective clothing and equipment;
(5) Survival equipment;
(6) First aid supplies;
(7) Buckets, shovels, and various other tools;
(8) Decontamination equipment;
(9) Shoreline cleanup equipment;
(10) Mooring equipment;
(11) Anchored buoys at appropriate locations to facilitate the positioning of defensive boom; and
(12) Other appropriate removal equipment for the protection of the environment as identified by the COTP.
(g) For each oil-laden tanker, an escorting response vessel which is fitted with skimming and on board storage capabilities practicable for the initial oil recovery planned for a cleanup operation, as identified by the oil spill removal organization.
Title 33 published on 07-Jun-2017 03:52
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 33 CFR Part 155 after this date.