33 CFR 164.03 - Incorporation by reference.
(a) Certain material is incorporated by reference into this part with the approval of the Director of the Federal Register under 5 U.S.C. 552(a) and 1 1 CFR part 51. To enforce any edition other than that specified in this section, the Coast Guard must publish notice of the change in the Federal Register and the material must be available to the public. All approved material is available for inspection at the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). For more information on the availability of this material at NARA, call 202-741-6030, or go to: www.archives.gov/federal-register/cfr/ibr-locations.html. Also, it is available for inspection at the Commandant (CG-NAV), U.S. Coast Guard Stop 7418, Attn: Office of Navigation Systems, 2703 Martin Luther King Jr. Ave. SE., Washington, DC 20593-7418, and is available from the sources listed below.
(b) American Petroleum Institute (API), 1220 L Street NW., Washington, DC 20005-4070, 202-682-8000, www.api.org:
(1) API Specification 9A, Specification for Wire Rope, Section 3, Properties and Tests for Wire and Wire Rope, May 28, 1984, IBR approved for § 164.74.
(c) ASTM International, 100 Barr Harbor Drive, West Conshohocken, PA 19428-2959, 610-832-9585, www.astm.org:
(1) ASTM D4268-93, Standard Test Method for Testing Fiber Rope, IBR approved for § 164.74.
(d) Cordage Institute, 350 Lincoln Street, Hingham, MA 02043.
(1) CIA-3, Standard Test Methods for Fiber Rope Including Standard Terminations, Revised, June 1980, IBR approved for § 164.74.
(e) International Maritime Organization (IMO), 4 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7SR, United Kingdom, www.imo.org:
(1) IMO Resolution A342(IX), Recommendation on Performance Standards for Automatic Pilots, November 12, 1975, IBR approved for § 164.13.
(2) IMO Resolution A.917(22), Guidelines for the Onboard Operational Use of Shipborne Automatic Identification System (AIS), January 25, 2002, IBR approved for § 164.46.
(3) SN/Circ.227, Guidelines for the Installation of a Shipborne Automatic Identification System (AIS), January 6, 2003, IBR approved for § 164.46.
(4) SN/Circ.244, Guidance on the Use of the UN/LOCODE in the Destination Field in AIS Messages, December 15, 2004, IBR approved for § 164.46.
(5) SN/Circ.245, Amendments to the Guidelines for the Installation of a Shipborne Automatic Identification System (AIS)(SN/Circ.227), December 15, 2004, IBR approved for § 164.46.
(6) SOLAS, International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea, 1974, and 1988 Protocol relating thereto, 2000 Amendments, effective January and July 2002, (SOLAS 2000 Amendments), IBR approved for § 164.46.
(7) Conference resolution 1, Adoption of amendments to the Annex to the International Convention for the Safety of Life at Sea, 1974, and amendments to Chapter V of SOLAS 1974, adopted on December 12, 2002, IBR approved for § 164.46.
(8) SN.1/Circ.289, Guidance on the Use of AIS Application-Specific Messages, June 2, 2010, IBR approved for § 164.46.
(f) National Marine Electronics Association (NMEA), 7 Riggs Avenue, Severna Park, MD 21146, 800-808-6632, www.nmea.org:
(1) NMEA 0400, Installation Standard for Marine Electronic Equipment used on Moderate-Sized Vessels, Version 3.10, February 2012, IBR approved for § 164.46.
(g) Radio Technical Commission for Maritime Services (RTCM), 1611 N. Kent St., Suite 605, Arlington, VA 22209, 703-527-2000, www.rtcm.org:
(1) RTCM Paper 12-78/DO-100, Minimum Performance Standards, Loran C Receiving Equipment, 1977, IBR approved for § 164.41.
(2) RTCM Paper 71-95/SC112-STD, RTCM Recommended Standards for Marine Radar Equipment Installed on Ships of Less Than 300 Tons Gross Tonnage, Version 1.1, October 10, 1995, IBR approved for § 164.72.
(3) RTCM Paper 191-93/SC112-X, RTCM Recommended Standards for Maritime Radar Equipment Installed on Ships of 300 Tons Gross Tonnage and Upwards, Version 1.2, December 20, 1993, IBR approved for § 164.72.
Title 33 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 33 CFR Part 164 after this date.