33 CFR 179.03 - Definitions.
Associated equipment as used in this part, means the following equipment as shipped, transferred, or sold from the place of manufacture and includes all attached parts and accessories:
(1) An inboard engine.
(2) An outboard engine.
(3) A stern drive unit.
(4) An inflatable personal flotation device approved under 46 CFR 160.076.
Boat means any vessel -
(1) Manufactured or used primarily for noncommercial use;
(2) Leased, rented, or chartered to another for the latter's noncommercial use; or
(3) Operated as an uninspected passenger vessel subject to the requirements of 46 CFR chapter I, subchapter C.
Manufacturer means any person engaged in -
(1) The manufacture, construction, or assembly of boats or associated equipment;
(2) The manufacture or construction of components for boats and associated equipment to be sold for subsequent assembly; or
(3) The importation into the United States for sale of boats, associated equipment, or components thereof.