33 CFR 334.240 - Potomac River, Mattawoman Creek and Chicamuxen Creek; U.S. Naval Surface Weapons Center, Indian Head Division, Indian Head, Md.
(a) The danger zone. Beginning at a point on the easterly shore of the Potomac River at latitude 38°36′00″, longitude 77°11′00″; thence to latitude 38°34′30″; longitude 77°13′00″; thence to latitude 38°33′20″, longitude 77°14′20″; thence to latitude 38°32′20″, longitude 77°15′10″; thence to latitude 38°32′00″, longitude 77°15′00″; thence to latitude 38°32′30″, longitude 77°14′00″; thence to latitude 38°32′30″, longitude 77°14′00″; thence upstream along the easterly shoreline of Chicamuxen Creek to its head thence downstream along the westerly shoreline of Chicamuxen Creek to the southernmost point of Stump Neck; thence northeasterly along the shoreline of Stump Neck to the mouth of Mattawoman Creek; thence along the southeasterly shore of Mattawoman Creek to the pilings remaining from the footbridge connecting the left bank of the creek to the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Indian Head Division; thence along the northwesterly shore of Mattawoman Creek from the pilings remaining from the footbridge to the mouth of the creek; thence in a northeasterly direction along the easterly shore of the Potomac River to the point of beginning.
(b) The regulations.
(1) Firings consisting of controlled explosions within the danger zone, and controlled shore operations, or accidental explosions, hazardous to vessel traffic within the limits of the danger zone, may take place at any time of the day or night and on any day of the week.
(2) Flashing red lights, horns, and signs established at appropriate points will warn vessels of impending tests or operations considered to be hazardous to vessels within the danger zone.
(3) No persons or vessels except vessels of the United States or vessels authorized by the enforcing agency shall enter or remain in the danger zone while lights are flashing, when warning horns are in operation, or when warned or directed by a patrol vessel.
(4) Nothing in this section shall prohibit the use of Mattawoman Creek or Chicamuxen Creek as a harbor of refuge because of stress of weather.
(5) Except as prescribed in paragraph (b)(3) of this section, persons and vessels may enter and proceed through the danger zone without restriction. However, accidental explosions may occur at any time and persons and vessels entering the area do so at their own risk.
(7) The regulations in this section shall be enforced by the Commanding Officer, U.S. Naval Surface Warfare Center, Indian Head Division, Indian Head, Maryland.
Title 33 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 33 CFR Part 334 after this date.