33 CFR 334.610 - Key West Harbor, at U.S. Naval Base, Key West, Fla.; naval restricted areas and danger zone.
(1) All waters within 100 yards of the south shoreline of the Harry S. Truman Annex, beginning at a point on the shore at Latitude 24°32′45.3″ N., Longitude 81°47′51″ W.; thence to a point 100 yards due south of the south end of Whitehead Street of Latitude 24°32′42.3″ N., Longitude 81°47′51″ W.; thence extending westerly, paralleling the southerly shoreline of the Harry S. Truman Annex, to Latitude 24°32′37.6″ N., Longitude 81°48′32″ W., thence northerly to the shore at Latitude 24°32′41″ N., Longitude 81°48′31″ W. (Area #1).
(2) All waters within 100 yards of the westerly shoreline of the Harry S. Truman Annex and all waters within a portion of the Truman Annex Harbor, as defined by a line beginning on the shore at Latitude 24°33′00″ N., Longitude 81°48′41.7″ W.; thence to a point 100 yards due west at Latitude 24°33′00″ N., Longitude 81°48′45″ W.; thence northerly, paralleling the westerly shoreline of the Harry S. Truman Annex, including a portion of the Truman Annex Harbor entrance, to Latitude 24°33′23″ N., Longitude 81°48′37″ W.; thence southeasterly to the shore (sea wall) at Latitude 24°33′19.3″ N., Longitude 81°48′28.7″ W. (Area #2).
(3) All waters within 100 yards of the U.S. Coast Guard Station and the westerly end of Trumbo Point Annex beginning at the shore at Latitude 24°33′47.6″ N., Longitude 81°47′55.6″ W.; thence westerly to Latitude 24°33′48″ N., Longitude 81°48′00.9″ W.; thence due south to Latitude 24°33′45.8″ N., Longitude 81°48′00.9″ W.; thence westerly to Latitude 24°33′47″ N., Longitude 81°48′12″ W.; thence northerly to Latitude 24°34′06.2″ N., Longitude 81°48′10″ W.; thence easterly to a point joining the restricted area around Fleming Key at Latitude 24°34′03.3″ N., Longitude 81°47′55″ W. (Area #3).
(4) Beginning at the last point designated in area 3 at Latitude 24°34.0550′ N., Longitude 81°47.9166′ W.; proceed in a northwesterly direction to a point at Latitude 24°34.2725′ N., Longitude 81°48.1304′ W.; thence proceed in a northeasterly direction to a point at Latitude 24°34.3562′ N., Longitude 81°48.0192′ W.; thence proceed in a northwesterly direction to a point at Latitude 24°34.4506′ N., Longitude 81°48.1444′ W.; thence proceed in a northwesterly direction to a point at Latitude 24°34.5619′ N., Longitude 81°48.1873′ W.; thence proceed in a northeasterly direction to a point at Latitude 24°34.9084′ N., Longitude 81°48.0945′ W.; thence proceed in a northeasterly direction to a point at Latitude 24°34.9809′ N., Longitude 81°47.9400′ W.; proceed in a general northerly direction maintaining a distance of 100 yards from the shoreline of Fleming Key, continue around Fleming Key to a point easterly of the southeast corner of Fleming Key at Latitude 24°34.0133′ N., Longitude 81°47.6250′ W.; thence easterly to Latitude 24°33.9600′ N., Longitude 81°47.3333′ W.; thence southerly to a point on the shore at Latitude 24°33.9117′ N., Longitude 81°47.3450′ W. The Department of the Navy plans to install buoys along that portion of the restricted area boundary which marks the outer edge of the explosive hazard safety distance requirements.
(5) All waters contiguous to the southwesterly shoreline of Boca Chica Key beginning at a point on the southwest shoreline at Latitude 24°33′24″ N., Longitude 81°42′30″ W.; proceed due south 100 yards to Latitude 24°33′20.4″ N., Longitude 81°42′30″ W.; thence, maintaining a distance of 100 yards from the shoreline, proceed westerly and northerly to Latitude 24°34′03″ N., Longitude 81°42′47″ W.; thence due north to a point at the easterly end of the U.S. Highway 1 (Boca Chica Channel) bridge at Latitude 24°34′39″ N., Longitude 81°42′47″ W. (Area #5).
(6)Danger zone. All waters within an area along the northeast side of the Naval Air Station on Boca Chica Key defined by a line beginning at latitude 24°35.472′ N., longitude 81°41.824′ W.; thence proceed in a northerly direction to a point at latitude 24°36.289′ N., longitude 81°41.437′ W.; thence proceed westerly to a point at latitude 24°36.392′ N., longitude 81°41.970′ W.; thence to a point on shore at latitude 24°35.698′ N., longitude 81°41.981′ W.
(2) Privately owned vessels, properly registered and bearing identification in accordance with Federal and/or State laws and regulations may transit the following portions of restricted areas #2, #3 and #5. NOTE: All vessels entering the areas at night must display lights as required by Federal laws and Coast Guard regulations or, if no constant lights are required, then the vessel must display a bright white light showing all around the horizon,
(i) The channel, approximately 75 yards in width, extending from the northwest corner of Pier D-3 of Trumbo Point Annex, eastward beneath the Fleming Key bridge and along the north shore of Trumbo Point Annex (area #3).
(ii) A channel of 150 feet in width which extends easterly from the main ship channel into Key West Bight, the northerly edge of which channel passes 25 feet south of the Trumbo Point Annex piers on the north side of the Bight. While the legitimate access of privately owned vessels to facilities of Key West Bight is unimpeded, it is prohibited to moor, anchor, or fish within 50 feet of any U.S. Government-owned pier or craft (area #3).
(iii) The dredged portion of Boca Chica channel from its seaward end to a point due south of the east end of the Boca Chica Bridge (area #5).
(iv) All of the portion of Restricted Area No. 2 that lies between the Truman Annex Mole and the Key West Harbor Range Channel. The transit zone extends to the northeasterly corner of the Truman Annex Mole, thence to the northwesterly end of the breakwater at Latitude 24°33′21.3″ N, Longitude 81°48′32.7″ W.
(3) Stopping or landing by any person and/or any vessel, other than Government-owned vessels and specifically authorized private craft in any of the restricted areas or danger zone described in paragraph (a) of this section is prohibited.
(4) Vessels using the restricted channel areas described in paragraph (b)(2) (i), (ii), (iii), and (iv) of this section shall proceed at speeds commensurate with minimum wake.
(c) The regulations in this section shall be enforced by the Commanding Officer, Naval Air Station, Key West, Florida, and such agencies as he/she may designate.
Title 33 published on 07-Jun-2017 03:52
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 33 CFR Part 334 after this date.