34 CFR § 300.138 - Equitable services provided.
(1) The services provided to parentally-placed private school children with disabilities must be provided by personnel meeting the same standards as personnel providing services in the public schools, except that private elementary school and secondary school teachers who are providing equitable services to parentally-placed private school children with disabilities do not have to meet the special education teacher qualification requirements in § 300.156(c).
(2) Parentally-placed private school children with disabilities may receive a different amount of services than children with disabilities in public schools.
(b) Services provided in accordance with a services plan.
(1) Each parentally-placed private school child with a disability who has been designated to receive services under § 300.132 must have a services plan that describes the specific special education and related services that the LEA will provide to the child in light of the services that the LEA has determined, through the process described in §§ 300.134 and 300.137, it will make available to parentally-placed private school children with disabilities.
(2) The services plan must, to the extent appropriate—
(ii) Be developed, reviewed, and revised consistent with §§ 300.321 through 300.324.
(c) Provision of equitable services.
(1) The provision of services pursuant to this section and §§ 300.139 through 300.143 must be provided:
(i) By employees of a public agency; or
(ii) Through contract by the public agency with an individual, association, agency, organization, or other entity.
(2) Special education and related services provided to parentally-placed private school children with disabilities, including materials and equipment, must be secular, neutral, and nonideological.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
- 5 CCR Sec. 1218.6 - § 1218.6 - Waiver Requests on Behalf of Pupils in a State Special School. [Repealed]
- 05 071 Me. Code R. Ch. 101 - Ch. 101 - Maine Unified Special Education Regulation Birth to Age Twenty
- OR Admin. Rule 581-015-2455 - 581-015-2455 - Provision of services for Private School Children with Disabilities