34 CFR § 300.301 - Initial evaluations.
(a) General. Each public agency must conduct a full and individual initial evaluation, in accordance with §§ 300.304 through 300.306, before the initial provision of special education and related services to a child with a disability under this part.
(b) Request for initial evaluation. Consistent with the consent requirements in § 300.300, either a parent of a child or a public agency may initiate a request for an initial evaluation to determine if the child is a child with a disability.
(c) Procedures for initial evaluation. The initial evaluation—
(2) Must consist of procedures—
(ii) To determine the educational needs of the child.
(2) A child enrolls in a school of another public agency after the relevant timeframe in paragraph (c)(1) of this section has begun, and prior to a determination by the child's previous public agency as to whether the child is a child with a disability under § 300.8.
(e) The exception in paragraph (d)(2) of this section applies only if the subsequent public agency is making sufficient progress to ensure a prompt completion of the evaluation, and the parent and subsequent public agency agree to a specific time when the evaluation will be completed.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
- Ark. Admin. Rules 005-003-3.02 - Section 3.02 - Children with Disabilities Enrolled by Their Parent in Private Schools.
- Ark. Admin. Rules 005-006-6.07 - Section 6.07 - Additional Procedures for Evaluating Children with Specific Learning Disabilities.
- Ark. Admin. Rules 005-014-14.02 - Section 14.02 - Child Find for Parentally-Placed Private School Children with Disabilities.
- 05 071 Me. Code R. Ch. 101 - Ch. 101 - Maine Unified Special Education Regulation Birth to Age Twenty
- Mont. Admin. R. 10.16.3321 - 10.16.3321 - COMPREHENSIVE EDUCATIONAL EVALUATION PROCESS AND REEVALUATIONS
- TN Rules and Regs. 0520-01-09-.24 - 0520-01-09-.24 - EXTENSION OF INITIAL EVALUATION TIMELINES FOR THE 2019-20 SCHOOL YEAR