34 CFR § 300.507 - Filing a due process complaint.
(1) A parent or a public agency may file a due process complaint on any of the matters described in § 300.503(a)(1) and (2) (relating to the identification, evaluation or educational placement of a child with a disability, or the provision of FAPE to the child).
(2) The due process complaint must allege a violation that occurred not more than two years before the date the parent or public agency knew or should have known about the alleged action that forms the basis of the due process complaint, or, if the State has an explicit time limitation for filing a due process complaint under this part, in the time allowed by that State law, except that the exceptions to the timeline described in § 300.511(f) apply to the timeline in this section.
(1) The parent requests the information; or
(2) The parent or the agency files a due process complaint under this section.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.
- 5 CCR Sec. 3089 - § 3089 - Partial Non-Applicability of Certain Sections of the Administrative Procedure Act to Special Education Due Process Hearing Procedures.
- 05 071 Me. Code R. Ch. 101 - Ch. 101 - Maine Unified Special Education Regulation Birth to Age Twenty
- N.H. Code Admin. R. Ed 1123.11 - Ed 1123.11 - Local Education Agency Responsibilities when an Administrative Due Process Hearing Complaint is Filed
- OR Admin. Rule 581-015-2360 - 581-015-2360 - Pre-Hearing Conference, Notice of Hearing and Hearing Rights