34 CFR 34.13 - Conduct of a hearing.
(1) A hearing official conducts any hearing under this part.
(2) The hearing official may be any qualified employee of the Department whom the Department designates to conduct the hearing.
(1) The hearing official conducts any hearing as an informal proceeding.
(2) A witness in an oral hearing must testify under oath or affirmation.
(3) The hearing official maintains a summary record of any hearing.
(c) Before the hearing official considers evidence we obtain that was not included in the debt records available for inspection when we sent notice of proposed garnishment, we notify you that additional evidence has become available, may be considered by the hearing official, and is available for inspection or copying.
(1) In or with the request for a hearing;
(2) During an oral hearing;
(3) By the date that we consider, under § 34.9(e), that a request for an oral hearing has been withdrawn; or
(4) Within a period we set, ordinarily not to exceed seven business days, after -
(ii) We notify you that we have obtained and intend to consider additional evidence;