34 CFR § 395.35 - Terms of permit.
Every permit shall describe the location of the vending facility including any vending machines located on other than the facility premises and shall be subject to the following provisions:
(a) The permit shall be issued in the name of the applicant State licensing agency which shall:
(1) Prescribe such procedures as are necessary to assure that in the selection of vendors and employees for vending facilities there shall be no discrimination because of sex, race, age, creed, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, or political affiliation; and
(2) Take the necessary action to assure that vendors do not discriminate against any person or persons in furnishing, or by refusing to furnish, to such person or persons the use of any vending facility, including any and all services, privileges, accommodations, and activities provided thereby, and comply with title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and regulations issued pursuant thereto.
(b) The permit shall be issued for an indefinite period of time subject to suspension or termination on the basis of compliance with agreed upon terms.
(c) The permit shall provide that:
(1) No charge shall be made to the State licensing agency for normal cleaning, maintenance, and repair of the building structure in and adjacent to the vending facility areas;
(2) Cleaning necessary for sanitation, and the maintenance of vending facilities and vending machines in an orderly condition at all times, and the installation, maintenance, repair, replacement, servicing, and removal of vending facility equipment shall be without cost to the department, agency, or instrumentality responsible for the maintenance of the Federal property; and
(3) Articles sold at vending facilities operated by blind licensees may consist of newspapers, periodicals, publications, confections, tobacco products, foods, beverages, chances for any lottery authorized by State law and conducted by an agency of a State within such State, and other articles or services as are determined by the State licensing agency, in consultation with the on-site official responsible for the Federal property of the property managing department, agency or instrumentality, to be suitable for a particular location. Such articles and services may be dispensed automatically or manually and may be prepared on or off the premises in accordance with all applicable health laws.
(d) The permit shall further provide that vending facilities shall be operated in compliance with applicable health, sanitation, and building codes or ordinances.
(e) The permit shall further provide that installation, modification, relocation, removal, and renovation of vending facilities shall be subject to the prior approval and supervision of the on-site official responsible for the Federal property of the property managing department, agency, or instrumentality, and the State licensing agency; that costs of relocations initiated by the State licensing agency shall be paid by the State licensing agency; and that costs of relocations initiated by the department, agency, or instrumentality shall be borne by such department, agency, or instrumentality.
(f) The operation of a cafeteria by a blind vendor shall be covered by a contractual agreement and not by a permit.