34 CFR 600.40 - Loss of eligibility.
(1) Except as provided in paragraphs (a) (2) and (3) of this section, an institution, or a location or educational program of an institution, loses its eligibility on the date that -
(i) The institution, location, or educational program fails to meet any of the eligibility requirements of this part;
(ii) The institution or location permanently closes;
(iii) The institution or location ceases to provide educational programs for a reason other than a normal vacation period or a natural disaster that directly affects the institution, particular location, or the students of the institution or location; or
(iv) For purposes of the title IV, HEA programs -
(A) The institution's period of participation as specified under 34 CFR 668.13 expires; or
(B) The institution's provisional certification is revoked under 34 CFR 668.13.
(2) If an institution loses its eligibility because it violated the requirements of § 600.5(a)(8), as evidenced by the determination under provisions contained in § 600.5(d), it loses its eligibility on the last day of the fiscal year used in § 600.5(d), except that if an institution's latest fiscal year was described in § 600.7(h)(1), it loses its eligibility as of June 30, 1994.
(3) If an institution loses its eligibility under the provisions of § 600.7(a)(1), it loses its eligibility on the last day of the award year being evaluated under that provision.
(b) If the Secretary undertakes to terminate the eligibility of an institution because it violated the provisions of § 600.5(a)(8) or § 600.7(a), and the institution requests a hearing, the presiding official must terminate the institution's eligibility if it violated those provisions, notwithstanding its status at the time of the hearing.
(1) If the Secretary designates an institution or any of its educational programs or locations as eligible on the basis of inaccurate information or documentation, the Secretary's designation is void from the date the Secretary made the designation, and the institution or program or location, as applicable, never qualified as eligible.
(2) If an institution closes its main campus or stops providing any educational programs on its main campus, it loses its eligibility as an institution, and that loss of eligibility includes all its locations and all its programs. Its loss of eligibility is effective on the date it closes that campus or stops providing any educational program at that campus.
(d) Except as otherwise provided in this part, if an institution ceases to satisfy any of the requirements for eligibility under this part -
(1) It must notify the Secretary within 30 days of the date that it ceases to satisfy that requirement; and
(2) It becomes ineligible to continue to participate in any HEA program as of the date it ceases to satisfy any of the requirements.
Title 34 published on 2015-12-04
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 34 CFR Part 600 after this date.