34 CFR 645.11 - What services do all Upward Bound projects provide?
(a) Any project assisted under this part must provide -
(1) Academic tutoring to enable students to complete secondary or postsecondary courses, which may include instruction in reading, writing, study skills, mathematics, science, and other subjects;
(2) Advice and assistance in secondary and postsecondary course selection;
(3) Assistance in preparing for college entrance examinations and completing college admission applications;
(i) Information on the full range of Federal student financial aid programs and benefits (including Federal Pell Grant awards and loan forgiveness) and resources for locating public and private scholarships; and
(ii) Assistance in completing financial aid applications, including the Free Application for Federal Student Aid;
(5) Guidance on and assistance in -
(i) Secondary school reentry;
(iii) Entry into general educational development (GED) programs; or
(iv) Entry into postsecondary education; and
(6) Education or counseling services designed to improve the financial and economic literacy of students or the students' parents, including financial planning for postsecondary education.
(b) Any project that has received funds under this part for at least two years must include as part of its core curriculum in the next and succeeding years, instruction in -
(1) Mathematics through pre-calculus;
(2) Laboratory science;
(3) Foreign language;
(4) Composition; and
Title 34 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 34 CFR Part 645 after this date.