34 CFR 668.120 - Decision of the Secretary.
(1) The Secretary issues a final decision. The Secretary may affirm, modify, or reverse the decision of the hearing official, or may remand the case to the hearing official for further proceedings consistent with the Secretary's decision.
(2) The Secretary may delegate the performance of functions under this section to a designated department official.
(b) If the Secretary modifies, remands, or overturns the initial decision of the hearing official, the Secretary issues a decision that -
(1) Includes a statement of the reasons for this action;
(2) Is provided to both parties; and
(3) Unless the decision is remanded to the hearing official for further review or determination of fact, becomes final upon its issuance.
Title 34 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 34 CFR Part 668 after this date.