34 CFR 673.4 - Allocation and reallocation.
(1) The Secretary allocates Federal capital contributions to institutions participating in the Federal Perkins Loan Program in accordance withsection 462 of the HEA.
(2) The Secretary reallocates Federal capital contributions to institutions participating in the Federal Perkins Loan Program by—
(i) Reallocating 80 percent of the total funds available in accordance withsection 462(j) of the HEA; and
(ii) Reallocating 20 percent of the total funds available in a manner that best carries out the purposes of the Federal Perkins Loan Program.
(b) Allocation and reallocation of FWS funds. The Secretary allocates and reallocates funds to institutions participating in the FWS Program in accordance with section 442 of the HEA.
(1) The Secretary allocates funds to institutions participating in the FSEOG program in accordance withsection 413D of the HEA.
(2) The Secretary reallocates funds to institutions participating in the FSEOG Program in a manner that best carries out the purposes of the FSEOG Program.
(1) Categories. As used in section 462 (Federal Perkins Loan Program), section 442 (FWS Program), and section 413D (FSEOG Program) of the HEA, “Eligible institutions offering comparable programs of instruction” means institutions that are being compared with the applicant institution and that fall within one of the following six categories:
(2) Payments to institutions. The Secretary allocates funds for a specific period of time. The Secretary provides an institution its allocation in accordance with the payment methods described in 34 CFR 668.162.
(i) If an institution returns more than 10 percent of its Federal Perkins Loan, FWS, or FSEOG allocation for an award year, the Secretary reduces the institution's allocation for that program for the second succeeding award year by the dollar amount returned.
(ii) The Secretary may waive the provision of paragraph (d)(3)(i) of this section for a specific institution if the Secretary finds that enforcement would be contrary to the interests of the program.
(iii) The Secretary considers enforcement of paragraph (d)(3)(i) of this section to be contrary to the interest of the program only if the institution returns more than 10 percent of its allocation due to circumstances beyond the institution's control that are not expected to recur.
(1) For the purposes of calculating an institution's share of any excess allocation of Federal Perkins Loan funds, an institution's anticipated collections are equal to the amount that was collected by the institution during the second year preceding the beginning of the award period multiplied by 1.21.
(2) The Secretary may waive the provision of paragraph (e)(1) of this section for any institution that has a cohort default rate that does not exceed 7.5 percent.
(f) Authority to expend FWS funds. Except as specifically provided in 34 CFR 675.18 (b), (c), and (f), an institution may not use funds allocated or reallocated for an award year—
(1) To meet FWS wage obligations incurred with regard to an award of FWS employment made for any other award year; or
(g) Authority to expend FSEOG funds. Except as specifically provided in 34 CFR 668.164(g), an institution shall not use funds allocated or reallocated for an award year—
Title 34 published on 2014-07-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 34 CFR Part 673.