34 CFR 675.41 - Special definitions.
prev | next
The following definitions apply to this subpart:
(1) Is a public or private nonprofit, four-year, degree-granting institution with a commitment to community service;
(3) Requires resident students, including at least one-half of all students who are enrolled on a full-time basis, to participate in a comprehensive work-learning-service program for at least five hours each week, or at least 80 hours during each period of enrollment, except summer school, unless the student is engaged in an institutionally organized or approved study abroad or externship program; and
(4) Provides students participating in the comprehensive work-learning-service program with the opportunity to contribute to their education and to the welfare of the community as a whole.
(b) Comprehensive student work-learning-service program: A student work-learning-service program that—
(3) Includes learning objectives, evaluation, and a record of work performance as part of the student's college record;
(4) Provides programmatic leadership by college personnel at levels comparable to traditional academic programs;
(6) Includes consequences for nonperformance or failure in the work-learning-service program similar to the consequences for failure in the regular academic program.
(Authority: 42 U.S.C. 2756b)
[59 FR 61418, Nov. 30, 1994, as amended at 74 FR 55950, Oct. 29, 2009]
Title 34 published on 2014-07-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 34 CFR Part 675.