34 CFR 676.16 - Payment of an FSEOG.
(1) Except as provided in paragraphs (b) and (e) of this section, an institution shall pay in each payment period a portion of an FSEOG awarded for a full academic year.
(2) The institution shall determine the amount paid each payment period by the following fraction:
(3) An institution may pay the student, within each payment period, at such times and in such amounts as it determines best meets the student's needs.
(b) If a student incurs uneven cost or estimated financial assistance amounts during an academic year and needs additional funds in a particular payment period, the institution may pay FSEOG funds to the student for those uneven costs.
(c) An institution shall disburse funds to a student or the student's account in accordance with the provisions in § 668.164.
(1) The institution shall return to the FSEOG account any funds paid to a student who, before the first day of classes -
(i) Officially or unofficially withdraws; or
(ii) Is expelled.
(2) A student who does not begin class attendance is deemed to have withdrawn.
(e) A correspondence student shall submit his or her first completed lesson before receiving an FSEOG payment.