34 CFR 690.65 - Transfer student: attendance at more than one institution during an award year.
(a) If a student who receives a Federal Pell Grant at one institution subsequently enrolls at a second institution in the same award year, the student may receive a Federal Pell Grant at the second institution only if -
(1) The student submits a valid SAR to the second institution; or
(2) The second institution obtains a valid ISIR.
(b) The second institution shall calculate the student's award according to § 690.63.
(c) The second institution may pay a Federal Pell Grant only for that portion of the academic year in which a student is enrolled at that institution. The grant amount must be adjusted, if necessary, to ensure that the grant does not exceed the student's Scheduled Federal Pell Grant for that award year.
(d) If a student's Scheduled Federal Pell Grant at the second institution differs from the Scheduled Federal Pell Grant at the first institution, the grant amount at the second institution is calculated as follows -
(1) The amount received at the first institution is compared to the Scheduled Federal Pell Grant at the first institution to determine the percentage of the Scheduled Federal Pell Grant that the student has received.
(2) That percentage is subtracted from 100 percent.
(3) The remaining percentage is the percentage of the Scheduled Federal Pell Grant at the second institution to which the student is entitled.
(e) The student's Federal Pell Grant for each payment period is calculated according to the procedures in § 690.63 unless the remaining percentage of the Scheduled Federal Pell Grant at the second institution, referred to in paragraph (d)(3) of this section, is less than the amount the student would normally receive for that payment period. In that case, the student's Federal Pell Grant is equal to that remaining percentage.
(f) A transfer student shall repay any amount received in an award year that exceeds his or her Scheduled Federal Pell Grant.
Title 34 published on 2015-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 34 CFR Part 690 after this date.