34 CFR Appendix A to Part 75 - Form of Required Notice to Beneficiaries
A faith-based organization that serves beneficiaries under a program funded in whole or in part by direct Federal financial assistance from the U.S. Department of Education must provide the following notice, or an accurate translation of this notice, to a beneficiary or prospective beneficiary of the program.
Because this program is supported in whole or in part by direct Federal financial assistance from the U.S. Department of Education, we are required to let you know that -
(1) We may not discriminate against you on the basis of religion or religious belief, a refusal to hold a religious belief, or refusal to attend or participate in a religious practice;
(2) We may not require you to attend or participate in any explicitly religious activities that are offered by us, and any participation by you in such activities must be purely voluntary;
(3) We must separate in time or location any privately funded explicitly religious activities from activities supported under this [insert the grant, subgrant, or contract name and identifying number of this award to the faith-based organization] by direct Federal financial assistance under this program;
(4) If you object to the religious character of our organization, we will undertake reasonable efforts to identify and refer you to an alternative provider to which you have no objection; however, we cannot guarantee that, in every instance, an alternative provider will be available; and
(5) You may report violations of these protections to, or file a written complaint regarding a denial of services or benefits under this award with, [Insert the name of the entity that awarded the grant, subgrant, or contract under which the violation occurred].
We must give you this written notice before you enroll in our program or receive services from the program.
If you object to receiving services from us based on the religious character of our organization, please complete this form and return it to the program contact identified above. If you object, we will make reasonable efforts to refer you to another service provider. With your consent, we will follow up with you or the organization to which you were referred to determine whether you contacted that organization.