34 CFR Subpart C - What Provisions Apply to Administrative Offset?
General Offset Procedures (§§ 30.20 - 30.31)
- § 30.20 To what do §§ 30.20-30.31 apply?
- § 30.21 When may the Secretary offset a debt?
- § 30.22 What notice does the debtor receive before the commencement of offset?
- § 30.23 How must a debtor request an opportunity to inspect and copy records relating to a debt?
- § 30.24 What opportunity does the debtor receive to obtain a review of the existence or amount of a debt?
- § 30.25 How may a debtor obtain an oral hearing?
- § 30.26 What special rules apply to an oral hearing?
- § 30.27 When does the Secretary enter into a repayment agreement rather than offset?
- § 30.28 When may the Secretary offset before completing the procedures under §§ 30.22-30.27?
- § 30.29 What procedures apply when the Secretary offsets to collect a debt owed another agency?
- § 30.30 What procedures apply when the Secretary requests another agency to offset a debt owed under a program or activity of the Department?
- § 30.31 How does the Secretary apply funds recovered by offset if multiple debts are involved?
IRS Tax Refund Offset Procedures (§ 30.33)
Procedures for Reporting Debts to Consumer Reporting Agencies (§ 30.35)