36 CFR 1120.36 - Appeals from initial denials.
(a) Any person whose request has been denied in whole or in part by an initial determination may appeal that denial by addressing a written appeal to the address shown in § 1120.23.
(b) Any appeal must be mailed or filed in person at the address shown in § 1120.23 -
(2) In the case of a partial denial, generally not later than 30 calendar days after the requestor receives all records being made available pursuant to the initial determination.
(c) The appeal letter must contain -
(1) A reference to the Request Identification Number (RIN);
(2) The date of the initial determination;
(3) The name and address of the person who issued the initial denial;
(4) A statement of which of the records to which access was denied are the subjects of the appeal; and
(5) If the applicant wishes, such facts and legal or other authorities as he or she considers appropriate.