(a) Any petition made pursuant to § 294.12 shall provide the following:
(1) The location and description of the particular lands for which the petition is being made, including maps and other appropriate resources in sufficient detail to enable consideration of the petition;
(2) The particular management requirements recommended for the lands and any exceptions;
(3) The identification of the circumstances and needs intended to be addressed by the petition, including conserving roadless area values and characteristics; protecting human health and safety; reducing hazardous fuels and restoring essential wildlife habitats; maintaining existing facilities such as dams, or providing reasonable access to public and private property or public and privately owned facilities; and technical corrections to existing maps such as boundary adjustments to remove existing roaded areas;
(4) A description of how the recommended management requirements identified in paragraph (a)(2) of this section differ from existing applicable land management plan(s) or policies related to inventoried roadless area management, and how they would comply with applicable laws and regulations;
(5) A description of how the recommended management requirements identified in paragraph (a)(2) of this section compare to existing State or local land conservation policies and direction set forth in any applicable State or local land and resource management plan(s);
(6) A description of how the recommended management requirements identified in paragraph (a)(2) of this section would affect the fish and wildlife that utilize the particular lands in question and their habitat;
(7) A description of any public involvement efforts undertaken by the petitioner during development of the petition, including efforts to engage Tribal and local governments, and persons with expertise in fish and wildlife biology, fish and wildlife management, forest management, outdoor recreation, and other important disciplines; and
(8) A commitment by the petitioner to participate as a cooperating agency in any environmental analysis for a rulemaking process.
(b) The petition contents described in paragraphs (a)(1) through (a)(8) of this section constitute an information collection requirement as defined by 5 CFR part 1320 and have been assigned Office of Management and Budget control number 0596-0178.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.