36 CFR 4.10 - Travel on park roads and designated routes.
(b) Routes and areas designated for off-road motor vehicle use shall be promulgated as special regulations. The designation of routes and areas shall comply with § 1.5 of this chapter and Executive Order 11644 (3 CFR, 1971-1975 Comp., p. 666). Routes and areas may be designated only in national recreation areas, national seashores, national lakeshores and national preserves.
(c) The following are prohibited:
(1) Operating a motor vehicle not equipped with pneumatic tires, except that a track-laying motor vehicle or a motor vehicle equipped with a similar traction device may be operated on a route designated for these vehicles by the superintendent.
(3) Operating a motor vehicle on a route or area designated for off-road motor vehicle use, from 1/2 hour after sunset to 1/2 hour before sunrise, without activated headlights and taillights that meet the requirements of State law for operation on a State highway.
Title 36 published on 19-Apr-2017 03:27
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 36 CFR Part 4 after this date.
- 36 CFR 7.12 — Gulf Islands National Seashore.
- 36 CFR 7.29 — Gateway National Recreation Area.
- 36 CFR 7.20 — Fire Island National Seashore.
- 36 CFR 7.65 — Assateague Island National Seashore.
- 36 CFR 7.75 — Padre Island National Seashore.
- 36 CFR 1501.1 — Cross Reference to National Park Service Regulations.