(1) Notwithstanding the prohibition of commercial vehicles set forth in § 5.6 of this chapter, local commercial vehicles may operate on the park road between the Northeast entrance and the Interior entrance in accordance with the provisions of this section.
(2) The term “Local Commercial Vehicles”, as used in this section, will include the definition of “commercial vehicle” in § 5.6(a), but specifically includes only those vehicles that originate from, or are destined to, the following U.S. Postal Service ZIP code areas:
Long Valley 57547
(3) The Superintendent may require a permit and establish terms and conditions in accordance with § 1.6 of this chapter for the operation of local commercial vehicles on the park road between the park's Northeast and Interior entrances. The Superintendent may charge a fee for any permits issued to commercial vehicles in accordance with a fee schedule established annually.
(4) The commercial transport on the park road between the Northeast and Interior entrances of any substance or combination of substances, including any hazardous substance, hazardous material, or hazardous waste that requires placarding, or any marine pollutant that requires marking, as defined in 49 CFR Subtitle B, is prohibited; except for local bulk deliveries of gasoline, fuel oil and LP gas; provided, however, that the Superintendent may issue permits for the transportation of such substance or combination of substances, including hazardous waste, in emergencies, and may issue permits when such transportation is necessary for access to lands within or adjacent to the park area to which access is otherwise not available as provided in 36 CFR 5.6.
(5) The operator of a motor vehicle transporting any hazardous substance, hazardous material, hazardous waste, or marine pollutant in accordance with a permit issued under this section, is not relieved in any manner from complying with all applicable regulations in 49 CFR Subtitle B, or with any other State or Federal laws and regulations applicable to the transportation of any hazardous substance, hazardous material, hazardous waste, or marine pollutant.
(6) The transportation or use of oversize or overweight commercial vehicles on the park road between the Northeast and Interior entrances is prohibited; provided, however that the Superintendent may issue permits for transportation or use of such vehicles and may condition such permits on the use of special routes within the park in order to minimize impacts to park facilities and resources and also may issue permits when the transportation or use of such vehicles is necessary for access to lands within or adjacent to the park area to which access is otherwise not available as provided in 36 CFR 5.6.
(7) Operating without, or violating a term or condition of, a permit issued in accordance with this section is prohibited. In addition, violating a term or condition of a permit may result in the suspension or revocation of the permit.