36 CFR 7.69 - Ross Lake National Recreation Area.
(a)Snowmobiles. After consideration of existing special situations, i.e., depth of snow, and depending on local weather conditions, and subject to any and all restrictions or prohibitions further imposed by the State of Washington on Highway 20, the superintendent may designate as open to the use of snowmobiles the following locations within the Ross Lake National Recreation Area:
(2) The Hozomeen entrance road from the U.S./Canadian border to the end of the road at East Landing.
(4) The Thornton Lake Road from State Highway 20 to Thornton Lake Trailhead parking area.
(5) The Damnation Creek Road from its junction with the Thornton Lake Road to the North Cascades National Park boundary.
(6) The Newhalem Creek Road from State Highway 20 to its junction with the down-river road on the south side of the Skagit River.
(7) The down-river road on the south side of the Skagit River from its junction with the Newhalem Creek Road to the end of the road across the Skagit River from the mouth of Sky Creek.
(b)Aircraft. The operation of aircraft is allowed on the entire water surface of Diablo Lake and Ross Lake, except that operating an aircraft under power on water surface areas within 1,000 feet of Diablo Dam or Ross Dam or on those posted as closed for fish spawning is prohibited.
(c)Weapons. The following location is designated for target practice between the hours of sunrise and sunset, subject to all applicable Federal, State, and local laws: in the SE 1/4 of sec. 19, and the NE 1/4 of sec. 30, T. 37 N., R. 12 E., WM, approximately 200 yards northwest of State Route 20 near mile marker 119, the area known as the Newhalem rifle range.
Title 36 published on 2015-08-22
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 36 CFR Part 7 after this date.