(a)Snowmobiles. After consideration of existing special situations, i.e., depth of snow, and depending on local weather conditions, and subject to any and all restrictions or prohibitions further imposed by the State of Washington on Highway 20, the superintendent may designate as open to the use of snowmobiles the following locations within the Ross Lake National Recreation Area:
(1) State Highway 20, that portion normally closed to motor vehicles during the winter season.
(2) The Hozomeen entrance road from the U.S./Canadian border to the end of the road at East Landing.
(3) Access and circulatory roads in the Hozomeen developed area normally open to public motor vehicle use.
(4) The Thornton Lake Road from State Highway 20 to Thornton Lake Trailhead parking area.
(5) The Damnation Creek Road from its junction with the Thornton Lake Road to the North Cascades National Park boundary.
(6) The Newhalem Creek Road from State Highway 20 to its junction with the down-river road on the south side of the Skagit River.
(7) The down-river road on the south side of the Skagit River from its junction with the Newhalem Creek Road to the end of the road across the Skagit River from the mouth of Sky Creek.
(b)Aircraft. The operation of aircraft is allowed on the entire water surface of Diablo Lake and Ross Lake, except that operating an aircraft under power on water surface areas within 1,000 feet of Diablo Dam or Ross Dam or on those posted as closed for fish spawning is prohibited.
(c)Weapons. The following location is designated for target practice between the hours of sunrise and sunset, subject to all applicable Federal, State, and local laws: in the SE 1/4 of sec. 19, and the NE 1/4 of sec. 30, T. 37 N., R. 12 E., WM, approximately 200 yards northwest of State Route 20 near mile marker 119, the area known as the Newhalem rifle range.
[49 FR 19652, May 9, 1984 as amended at 50 FR 51856, Dec. 20, 1985; 54 FR 48869, Nov. 28, 1989]
Title 36 published on 2014-07-01.
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 36.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.