36 CFR 902.57 - Investigatory files compiled for law enforcement purposes.
(a) Files compiled by the Corporation for law enforcement purposes, including the enforcement of the regulations of the Corporation, are within the statutory exemption to the extent that production of such records would:
(1) Interfere with enforcement proceedings;
(2) Deprive a person of a right to a fair trial or an impartial adjudication;
(3) Constitute an unwarranted invasion of personal privacy;
(4) Disclose the identity of a confidential source and in the case of a record compiled by a criminal law enforcement authority in the courts of a criminal investigation, or by an agency conducting a lawful national security intelligence investigation, confidential information furnished only by the confidential source;
(5) Disclose investigative techniques and procedures; or,
(6) Endanger the life or physical safety of law enforcement personnel.
(b) The purpose of this section is to protect from disclosure the law enforcement files of the Corporation including files prepared in connection with related litigation and adjudicative proceedings. It includes the enforcement not only of criminal statutes but all kinds of laws.