37 CFR § 1.154 - Arrangement of application elements in a design application.
(a) The elements of the design application, if applicable, should appear in the following order:
(1) Design application transmittal form.
(2) Fee transmittal form.
(3) Application data sheet (see § 1.76).
(5) Drawings or photographs.
(6) The inventor's oath or declaration (see § 1.153(b)).
(b) The specification should include the following sections in order:
(1) Preamble, stating the name of the applicant, title of the design, and a brief description of the nature and intended use of the article in which the design is embodied.
(2) Cross-reference to related applications (unless included in the application data sheet).
(3) Statement regarding federally sponsored research or development.
(4) Description of the figure or figures of the drawing.
(5) Feature description.
(6) A single claim.
(c) The text of the specification sections defined in paragraph (b) of this section, if applicable, should be preceded by a section heading in uppercase letters without underlining or bold type.