37 CFR 1.21 - Miscellaneous fees and charges.
The Patent and Trademark Office has established the following fees for the services indicated:
(a) Registration of attorneys and agents:
(l) For admission to examination for registration to practice:
(i) Application Fee (non-refundable): $100.00.
(ii) Registration examination fee.
(A) For test administration by commercial entity: $200.00.
(B) For test administration by the USPTO: $450.00.
(iii) For USPTO-administered review of registration examination: $450.00.
(2) On registration to practice or grant of limited recognition:
(i) On registration to practice under § 11.6 of this chapter: $200.00.
(ii) On grant of limited recognition under § 11.9(b) of this chapter: $200.00.
(iii) On change of registration from agent to attorney: $100.00.
(4) For certificate of good standing as an attorney or agent:
(i) Standard: $40.00.
(ii) Suitable for framing: $50.00.
(5) For review of decision:
(i) By the Director of Enrollment and Discipline under § 11.2(c) of this chapter: $400.00.
(ii) Of the Director of Enrollment and Discipline under § 11.2(d) of this chapter: $400.00.
(6) Recovery/Retrieval of OED Information System Customer Interface account by USPTO:
(i) For USPTO-assisted recovery of ID or reset of password: $70.00.
(ii) For USPTO-assisted change of address: $70.00.
(i) Delinquency fee: $50.00.
(ii) Administrative reinstatement fee: $200.00.
(10) On application by a person for recognition or registration after disbarment or suspension on ethical grounds, or resignation pending disciplinary proceedings in any other jurisdiction; on application by a person for recognition or registration who is asserting rehabilitation from prior conduct that resulted in an adverse decision in the Office regarding the person's moral character; and on application by a person for recognition or registration after being convicted of a felony or crime involving moral turpitude or breach of fiduciary duty; on petition for reinstatement by a person excluded or suspended on ethical grounds, or excluded on consent from practice before the Office: $1,600.00.
(b) Deposit accounts:
(2) Service charge for each month when the balance at the end of the month is below $1,000: $25.00.
(3) Service charge for each month when the balance at the end of the month is below $300 for restricted subscription deposit accounts used exclusively for subscription order of patent copies as issued: $25.00.
(e) International type search reports: For preparing an international type search report of an international type search made at the time of the first action on the merits in a national patent application: $40.00.
(h) For recording each assignment, agreement, or other paper relating to the property in a patent or application, per property:
(1) If submitted electronically, on or after January 1, 2014: $0.00.
(2) If not submitted electronically: $50.00.
(i) Publication in Official Gazette: For publication in the Official Gazette of a notice of the availability of an application or a patent for licensing or sale: Each application or patent: $25.00.
(m) For processing each payment refused (including a check returned “unpaid”) or charged back by a financial institution: $50.00.
(n) For handling an application in which proceedings are terminated pursuant to § 1.53(e): $130.00.
(o) The submission of very lengthy sequence listings (mega-sequence listings) are subject to the following fees:
(1) Submission of sequence listings in electronic form ranging in size from 300 MB to 800 MB:
|By a micro entity (
|By a small entity (
|By other than a small or micro entity||1,000.00|
(2) Submission of sequence listings in electronic form exceeding 800 MB in size:
|By a micro entity (
|By a small entity (
|By other than a small or micro entity||10,000.00|
(p) Additional Fee for Overnight Delivery: $40.00.
(q) Additional Fee for Expedited Service: $160.00.
- 37 CFR 1.104 — Nature of Examination.
- 37 CFR 1.25 — Deposit Accounts.
- 37 CFR 11.14 — Individuals Who May Practice Before the Office in Trademark and Other Non-Patent Matters.
- 37 CFR 11.60 — Petition for Reinstatement.
- 37 CFR 11.7 — Requirements for Registration.
- 37 CFR 1.19 — Document Supply Fees.
- 37 CFR 3.41 — Recording Fees.
- 37 CFR 11.8 — Oath and Registration Fee.
- 37 CFR 1.12 — Assignment Records Open to Public Inspection.
- 37 CFR 11.11 — Administrative Suspension, Inactivation, Resignation, and Readmission.
- 37 CFR 11.2 — Director of the Office of Enrollment and Discipline.