37 CFR 102.22 - Definitions.
(b) As used in this subpart:
(1) Act means the “Privacy Act of 1974, as amended (5 U.S.C. 552a)”.
(2) Appeal means a request by an individual to review and reverse an initial denial of a request by that individual for correction or amendment.
(3) USPTO means the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
(4) Inquiry means either a request for general information regarding the Act and this subpart or a request by an individual (or that individual's parent or guardian) that USPTO determine whether it has any record in a system of records which pertains to that individual.
(5) Person means any human being and also shall include but not be limited to, corporations, associations, partnerships, trustees, receivers, personal representatives, and public or private organizations.
(6) Privacy Officer means a USPTO employee designated to administer this subpart.
(7) Request for access means a request by an individual or an individual's parent or guardian to see a record which is in a particular system of records and which pertains to that individual.
(8) Request for correction or amendment means the request by an individual or an individual's parent or guardian that USPTO change (either by correction, amendment, addition or deletion) a particular record in a system of records which pertains to that individual.