37 CFR § 2.21 - Requirements for receiving a filing date.
(a) The Office will grant a filing date to an application under section 1 or section 44 of the Act that is filed through TEAS, is written in the English language, and contains all of the following:
(1) The name, address, and email address of each applicant;
(2) If the applicant is represented by a practitioner qualified under § 11.14 of this chapter, the practitioner's name, postal address, and email address;
(3) A clear drawing of the mark;
(4) A listing of the goods or services; and
(5) The filing fee required under § 2.6 for at least one class of goods or services.
(b) If the applicant does not satisfy all the elements required in paragraph (a) of this section, the Office will deny a filing date to the application unless the applicant meets the requirements of paragraph (c) of this section.
(c) If the applicant is a national of a country that has acceded to the Trademark Law Treaty, but not to the Singapore Treaty on the Law of Trademarks, the requirements of paragraph (a) of this section to file through TEAS and provide an email address do not apply.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.