37 CFR 41.128 - Sanctions.
(1) Failure to comply with an applicable rule or order in the proceeding;
(2) Advancing a misleading or frivolous request for relief or argument; or
(3) Engaging in dilatory tactics.
(b) Sanctions include entry of:
(1) An order holding certain facts to have been established in the proceeding;
(2) An order expunging, or precluding a party from filing, a paper;
(3) An order precluding a party from presenting or contesting a particular issue;
(4) An order precluding a party from requesting, obtaining, or opposing discovery;
(5) An order excluding evidence;
(6) An order awarding compensatory expenses, including attorney fees;
(7) An order requiring terminal disclaimer of patent term; or
(8) Judgment in the contested case.