37 CFR § 42.12 - Sanctions.
(1) Failure to comply with an applicable rule or order in the proceeding;
(2) Advancing a misleading or frivolous argument or request for relief;
(3) Misrepresentation of a fact;
(4) Engaging in dilatory tactics;
(5) Abuse of discovery;
(6) Abuse of process; or
(b) Sanctions include entry of one or more of the following:
(1) An order holding facts to have been established in the proceeding;
(2) An order expunging or precluding a party from filing a paper;
(3) An order precluding a party from presenting or contesting a particular issue;
(4) An order precluding a party from requesting, obtaining, or opposing discovery;
(5) An order excluding evidence;
(6) An order providing for compensatory expenses, including attorney fees;
(7) An order requiring terminal disclaimer of patent term; or
The following state regulations pages link to this page.