37 CFR 7.31 - Requirements for transformation of an extension of protection to the United States into a U.S. application.
If the International Bureau cancels an international registration in whole or in part, under Article 6(4) of the Madrid Protocol, the holder of that international registration may file a request to transform the goods and/or services to which the cancellation applies in the corresponding pending or registered extension of protection to the United States into an application under section 1 or 44 of the Act.
(a) The holder of the international registration must file a request for transformation within three months of the date of cancellation of the international registration and include:
(1) The serial number or registration number of the extension of protection to the United States;
(2) The name and address of the holder of the international registration;
(3) Identify the goods and/or services to be transformed, if other than all the goods and/or services that have been cancelled;
(5) An email address for receipt of correspondence from the Office.
(b) If the request for transformation contains all the elements set forth in paragraph (a) of this section, the extension of protection shall be transformed into an application under section 1 and/or 44 of the Act and accorded the same filing date and the same priority that was accorded to the extension of protection.
(d) A request for transformation that fails to contain all the elements set forth in paragraph (a) of this section will not be accepted.
- 37 CFR 2.195 — Receipt of Trademark Correspondence.
- 37 CFR 2.197 — Certificate of Mailing or Transmission.
- 37 CFR 2.35 — Adding, Deleting, or Substituting Bases.
- 37 CFR 7.4 — Receipt of Correspondence.
- 37 CFR 2.190 — Addresses for Trademark Correspondence With the United States Patent and Trademark Office.