37 CFR 7.31 - Requirements for transformation of an extension of protection to the United States into a U.S. application.
If the International Bureau cancels an international registration in whole or in part, under Article 6(4) of the Madrid Protocol, the holder of that international registration may file a request to transform the goods and/or services to which the cancellation applies in the corresponding pending or registered extension of protection to the United States into an application under section 1 or 44 of the Act.
(a) The holder of the international registration must file a request for transformation within three months of the date of cancellation of the international registration and include:
(1) The serial number or registration number of the extension of protection to the United States;
(2) The name and address of the holder of the international registration;
(3) Identify the goods and/or services to be transformed, if other than all the goods and/or services that have been cancelled;
(4) The application filing fee for at least one class of goods or services required by § 2.6(a)(1) of this chapter; and
(5) An email address for receipt of correspondence from the Office.
(b) If the request for transformation contains all the elements set forth in paragraph (a) of this section, the extension of protection shall be transformed into an application under section 1 and/or 44 of the Act and accorded the same filing date and the same priority that was accorded to the extension of protection.
(c) The application under section 1 and/or 44 of the Act that results from a transformed extension of protection will be examined under part 2 of this chapter.
(d) A request for transformation that fails to contain all the elements set forth in paragraph (a) of this section will not be accepted.
Title 37 published on 2014-07-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 37 CFR Part 7 after this date.