38 CFR 21.182 - “Applicant” status.
(a)Purpose. The purposes of applicant status are to:
(1) Process a veteran's claim for assistance under Chapter 31 in a timely manner; and
(2) Identify service-disabled veterans whom VA should contact individually to increase their awareness and understanding of how they may benefit from services furnished under Chapter 31.
(b)Assignment to applicant status. VA will assign a veteran's records to applicant status when either:
(1) VA receives a formal or informal application from a veteran for services under Chapter 31; or
(2) The VR&E (Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment) Division:
(ii) Is informed that the veteran has been advised in writing of his or her potential eligibility for Chapter 31 services by other VA elements.
(c)Termination of applicant status. Applicant status will be terminated when:
(1) An appointment for an initial evaluation has been kept by the veteran; or
(5) The veteran withdraws his or her claim, or otherwise indicates that no further assistance is desired.
(d)Transfer of terminated cases to discontinued status. Each instance in which a veteran's case is terminated for reasons described in paragraph (c)(4) or (5) of this section shall be placed in discontinued status.
See §§ 21.30 Claims, 21.31 Informal claims, and 21.32 Time limits.
Title 38 published on 2015-12-03
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 38 CFR Part 21 after this date.